Summer is a busy time for our Public Works staff, who work hard to keep our roads, parks and facilities in good repair.
Regular summer road maintenance activities include:
- Roadside mowing and brushing, which helps with sight lines and reduces the chance of the roads growing in
- Culvert maintenance and replacements when necessary, to help with drainage
- Ditching, to help improve drainage
- Road surface sweeping, to clear sand residue left over on roadways after winter sanding operations
- Pot hole patching, which helps eliminate minor imperfections in the road surface
- Grading of gravel roads, to help eliminate washboard and improve water runoff
- Application of a dust suppressant, to help keep dust at a minimum and stabilize the gravel surface
- Application of fresh gravel, where needed
- Speed/warning sign maintenance and replacement
- Guidepost installation and maintenance
- Capital projects as outlined in the yearly budgets
Did you know that Public Works staff also provide the following services?:
- Landfill maintenance, including weekly covering of waste, weekly waste collection
- Maintenance and grass cutting at parks and beaches
- Outdoor washroom cleaning and maintenance
- Boat launch and parking maintenance; dock installations and removals
Report a Problem
Although staff do regular road patrols, sometimes stuff happens. If you see an issue that needs our attention such as a broken street light, pot hole, dangerous road conditions, a fallen tree or culvert washout, let us know!
This Article can be found on the following pages: Transportation, you may find other valuable infomation there.