Under the Ontario Building Code Act, a building permit is required to construct demolish, renovate, alter, install or change the use of a building. The following is examples that require a building permit prior to construction.
- Sheds outside dimensions exceeding 160 ft2, or 15m2.
- Other accessory structures exceeding 108 sq. ft. or 10m2 (guest cabins/bunkies, gazebos etc.)
- Additions to existing buildings or structures, including decking/stairs
- Renovations that involve structural framing.
- Replacement of doors or windows if the opening size is altered.
- Repair or replacement of all types of building foundations.
- Swimming pools and fence enclosures.
or call for clarification
This Article can be found on the following pages: Building, you may find other valuable infomation there.