District of Nipissing
Other Permits and Approvals

Other Permits and Approvals

Electrical permits and inspections fall under the jurisdiction of the Electrical Safety Authority (ESA). It’s the responsibility of the homeowner or builder to contact the ESA for proper approvals.

An entrance permit is required to install a new entrance on your property, to change the location of an existing one, or to install a second entrance. Entrance approvals are handled by the Public Works Department. If the entrance is on Highway 60, Highway 127 or Highway 523, the Ministry or Transportation is the approval authority.

New civic addresses (9-1-1 numbers) for vacant lots are acquired through the Public Works Department.

Community Emergency Management Coordinator | Aurel Thom

Phone: 613-637-5533
Cell: 613-334-5018
Email: cemc@southalgonquin.ca

Electrical Safety Authority (ESA)
Ontario Ministry of Transportation

This Article can be found on the following pages: Building, you may find other valuable infomation there.
Skip to content