To keep harmful materials out of our landfill site, the township offers a Household Hazardous Waste Day.
This event is held annually and alternates between the Madawaska and Whitney waste disposal sites. Usually it’s held in August.
Information regarding the date and location of the next Household Hazardous Waste Day will be provided at the bottom of the page once it has been established.
Examples of item that can be disposed of at the Household Hazardous Waste Day are:
- Automotive and household batteries
- Household medicines and old prescriptions
- Waste oil
- Pesticides, insecticides, herbicides
- Pool chemicals and bleach
- Turpentine, furniture and paint stripper, Varsol, solvents, gasoline, linseed oil, nail polish and remover, barbeque lighter fluids
- Wood preservative, wood stains, anti-freeze, glues, window cleaners, disinfectants, rat and mouse poisons
- Oven cleaners and drain cleaners
- Old propane tanks
- Aerosol containers
- Needles and syringes
- Portable fire extinguishers
- Florescent light bulbs and tubes
- Mercury-containing devices
For your own protection ensure all material is safely contained to transport to the event. All materials must be plainly marked. If you are unsure about an item please contact the office.
Household Hazardous Waste Day August 6, 2022 2022-08-02
This Article can be found on the following pages: Waste Collection, you may find other valuable infomation there.